About Me

My photo
Hi guys my name is Nia, and welcome to my blog. This is my personal space where i talk about everything i love :)

Friday 25 January 2013

ST. IVES Invigorating Apricot Scrub Review



Hello my lovelies!

Today I am going to talk about a product that I have re-discovered recently, I am absolutely in love with the St Ives Apricot Scrub. I tried this product ages ago and I really liked it but it wasn’t mine, for some reason I never remembered to buy it myself. But I’m glad I finally did as this scrub is now my HOLY GRAIL. It leaves my skin so soft and clean and it doesn’t dry it out at all which makes it a super hero scrub considering my skin is a bit on the dry side. I use it 3-4 times a week and sometimes more, it usually depends on whether I am wearing make-up or not, as sometimes I scrub before I put make up on for extra smoothness ;)


This product claims to be:
Oil free.
100% natural exfoliants
100% natural extracts
No parabens, no phthalates and no animal ingredients (which is a plus).

That’s lovely because even though my skin is dry and sensitive it never felt irritated or had any redness after using this product. The main ingredient in this scrub is Apricot which is high in antioxidants and carotenoids (orangey pigments + rich in vitamin A), the second and third ingredients are Corn Kernel Meal and Walnut. Corn Kernel Meal is actually flour ground from dried corn. It’s a soft, but gently powerful all-natural exfoliant that promotes skin cell turnover and regeneration. Cornmeal makes skin softer and I actually tried some DIY masks made out of cornmeal and yogurt and it actually works! it makes my skin baby bum soft. Walnut is known for its hard shell, but when it’s ground, it becomes an amazingly effective all-natural exfoliant that helps newer skin come to the surface.
So you have two types of exfoliants in this scrub which I think is an added benefit. Long story short I do really like this scrub and i will re-purchase.

So there’s my review of the St.Ives invigorating apricot scrub, I hope you guys have enjoyed it J

5 comments:

  1. great review!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc // youtube

    ps. enter my new giveaway to win the UD naked basics palette, real techniques brushes and essie polishes! click here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi lovely,

    I used to use St. Ives years ago, your post has made me want to re-purchase =)

    Really like your blog so I'm following you on GFC.
    Would love it if you dropped by mine. xx

    http://beautytricks1.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. yayyy u r my 1st follower :D thx so much Im deffo gonna check urs out too xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Found this through your youtube channel :)

    would love for you to check out and follow my blog styleandbeautyforless.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete