About Me

My photo
Hi guys my name is Nia, and welcome to my blog. This is my personal space where i talk about everything i love :)

Sunday 10 February 2013

Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Review


I finally purchased the famous Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum foundation  after reading lots and lots of good reviews about it, so I thought it’s time to try it out for myself! I even heard some people comparing it to the Channel Vita Lumiere and saying it’s the perfect dupe. So being on a budget I decided to buy the Bourjois Foundation especially because it was on offer for £7.99 in Boots.
 The foundation claims to last 16 hours, but sadly I would say it lasts maximum 4 hours without a primer), which is what I would look for in a foundation since I’m not a big primer- wearer. Bearing in mind that my skin is dry (so I would not recommend this for an oily skin) it comes out dewy when you first apply it but then turns into a more matte finish (velvety maybe). It also claims to have fruit vitamins in it that help make your skin better, but I don’t think that I have noticed any remarkable changes to my skin whilst using it; I would have to admit though that the smell is delicious!!!! The coverage is light to medium and build-able so I wouldn't recommend this for you, if you have blemishes or you usually go for full coverage. I usually have my foundations slightly darker to give me a little tan so I got mine in shade 56 light bronze which I think is the darkest shade, so unfortunately that is not good for darker skin tones either ( I have olive skin). The full price for this foundation is £ 10.99 which I think might be slightly more expensive than other drugstore brands.

So let me sum this up for you, shall I!

Light to medium coverage, slightly dewy, not enough shades for darker skin tones and doesn't last as long as it claims.

The question is would I buy this again? And my answer would be NO; there are far more better foundations in the drugstore than this one.

I hope you found this review somewhat helpful and if you have this foundation please tell me what do you think of it?

2 comments:

  1. Well i am SO glad i read this, have been very tempted to buy items from the healthy mix range. Safe to say i was drawn in by the fruit concept and promises of better skin! Think i'll definitely be saving my money and not bothering with the range now :)Do you have any drugstore foundation reccomendations? Am looking to try out a new one.
    Great review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanx for ur comment hun :) im glad you found this review helpful, some people like the coverage of this foundation but i dont wear foundation so often because i usually mix it with moisturiser to get a tinted moisturiser so when i buy a foundation i tend to buy something with good lasting power so at the moment im using the revlon colour stay(classic haha) and the 24hr stay which lasts seriously all day! i own a few more maybelline one but their lasting power is not as good. i hope this helped :)

    ReplyDelete