About Me

My photo
Hi guys my name is Nia, and welcome to my blog. This is my personal space where i talk about everything i love :)

Sunday 24 February 2013

DIY: Eye Make-Up Remover


This is a fun quick DIY  post as I’m going to show you how to make your own Eye Make-Up Remover.

Perfect for Waterproof Mascaras and Eyeliners.

All you are going to need is  Rose water and some Olive or Almond oil  and you are done.


Rose water is a natural toner so an alternative use for it would be to use it on your face before going to bed, it’s also an antioxidant so it cleanses and tones your skin, helping to prevent break outs and blemishes.


I chose almond oil rather than olive oil because it’s my favourite oil to moisturise with, it leaves my skin so soft and radiant, it’s also perfect for the eye area as it moisturises whilst melting away your make-up.




Add one part oil and two parts rose water in a travel size bottle, and give it a good old shake before you start removing your make up.



 Usually it will separate again so make sure you shake it well before each use.

The natural oil is going to break the make-up particles and remove it, the rose water is going to soothe and cleanse the excess oil from your skin.

P.S you can get rose essence from any Holland and Barrett’s, they have a more concentrated formula so if you have this one just make sure you dilute it with some water first. You can easily get rose water in any health food store or eastern shops.

This is a very cheap and natural alternative to the high street eye makeup removers. My DIY eye makeup remover cost me less than £3 for all the ingredients and you can make at least three or four bottles lasting for ages.





No comments:

Post a Comment